Summers is the perfect time to experiment with salads. The Spinach and Orange salad has just the right nutrients to keep our body healthy in the sweltering heat.
Spinach Orange Salad
200 gms spinach (firm & fresh bundle with small sized leaves), 2 big, firm oranges
4 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp honey
½ tsp light soya sauce, 2 tbsp white vinegar, ½ tsp salt
6-7 almonds, 1 tbsp sesame seeds (til)
1. Remove the stems of the spinach. Soak the spinach leaves for 15 minutes in a bowl of cold water to which ice cubes are added. Remove from water and pat dry on a kitchen towel. Tear into big pieces.
2. Remove fibres from each segment of orange. Slightly cut each orange segment from the joint end and remove the fibrous covering and the seeds. Keep aside.
3. Mix all the ingredients of the dressing in a small spice grinder or with a whisk till the dressing turns slightly thick.
4. Toast the almonds in a microwave for 2 minutes in a pan on low heat for
2-3 minutes till fragrant. Cut almonds into slices. Toast the sesame seed also in a pan till crisp and light golden. Keep nuts aside.
5. At the time of serving, pour the dressing over the spinach and orange segments, toss to mix well. Remove the salad into a shallow flat platter, top with toasted almonds and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.