Dallas (PRESS RELEASE – August 7, 2010) — In today’s economy, small businesses are demanding “on-the-go” high-speed connectivity more than ever before to stay competitive, enhance productivity and grow their businesses. Thanks to a new bundled offer – “AT&T Broadband on the Go” – announced today, the options companies use to keep in touch with their office, customers and business partners just got better.
The new bundle includes high speed Internet access, Wi-Fi, and mobile broadband, plus unlimited online computer data backup with remote access from any broadband web-connected device, starting at an introductory price of less than $90 a month through August 31. “AT&T Broadband on the Go” is now available to small businesses across AT&T’s 22-state local footprint. The services, which enable small businesses to access their data from anywhere while staying connected to the Internet and their corporate applications, include:
- High Speed Internet from AT&T: Available with downstream speeds up to 24Mbps (on the U-verse platform) to help accommodate the needs of any small business, the service includes U.S.-based business-class technical support, all-in-one protection suite for selected tiers, and up to 11 e-mail accounts.
- Mobile Broadband with AT&T LaptopConnect: Offering the nation’s fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T LaptopConnect creates the opportunity for small businesses to stay productive when away from the office.
- AT&T Tech Support 360(SM) Backup and Go: With automatic online backup of computer files, the service protects data, while enabling small businesses to remotely access saved files from any web-connected laptop or mobile broadband device and send links to files or folders for sharing and collaboration.
- AT&T Wi-Fi(SM) : Basic connectivity at more than 20,000 hot spots at convenient locations nationwide.
According to Compass Intelligence, a high-tech market analytics firm, small businesses (less than 100 employees) spent $5.6 billion in 2009 on wireless data services and expect to spend $18.9 billion in 2014, resulting in a compound annual growth rate of 27.6 percent.
“We estimate that small businesses make up roughly 38 percent of business wireless subscribers, while comprising about 45 percent of wireless data spend,” said Kneko Burney, president of Compass Intelligence. “As such, small businesses are a crucial segment of the wireless data market, and these customers’ spending is only expected to rise in the coming years. Additionally, our research shows that small businesses spend more on average per user for wireless data than their enterprise counterparts, primarily because a greater percentage of their workforce is mobile and likely to rely only on wireless for their business connectivity.”
According to the AT&T Small Business Technology Poll, a national study released earlier this year by AT&T, 71 percent of small businesses responding indicate they use laptop data cards and nearly 79 percent indicate they use Wi-Fi hotspots to conduct business-related activities. Moreover, 60 percent of small businesses indicate they use their laptop more now to access data through mobile networks than they did two years ago and nearly 68 percent use Wi-Fi hotspots more now to access data than they did two years ago.
In addition, the study revealed that nearly 85 percent of small businesses feel that recovering data would be important following a disaster. Yet only 30 percent of small businesses use off-site data backup, such as online backup. So in the event of a disaster that destroys their office, a majority of small businesses might well lose critical data because they’re not fully prepared. The Tech Support 360 Backup and Go component of the new broadband bundle addresses that potential risk.
“In today’s highly connected marketplace, small businesses need to be plugged into their work at all times,” said Ebrahim Keshavarz, Vice President, AT&T Small Business Marketing. “Through our widespread service capabilities, robust mobile network, and a comprehensive product portfolio second to none, this unique bundle enables small businesses to work with their data on the road, anytime by giving them the tools to maximize efficiency and productivity on their terms and schedule.”
“We understand the challenges small businesses face in balancing their business and personal lives, and the importance of giving them the freedom to conduct business how they choose.”
For more information or to purchase AT&T Broadband on the Go, small businesses should call a small business advisor toll-free at (888) 423-9129 or visit Broadband on the Go.
Small businesses looking to find information about other AT&T products and services can visit www.att.com/smallbusiness. For free business resources such as webinars, white papers, training, case studies and best practices, they can visit www.att.com/smallbusinessinsite.
Additionally, real-time information can be found on the AT&T Small Business Facebook page (www.facebook.com/ATTSmallBiz) and Twitter channel (www.twitter.com/smallbizInsite).
- AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
- Depending on customer location.
- Laptop Connect – Coverage not available in all areas. See coverage map at store for details. Limited-time offer. Other conditions & restrictions apply. See contract & rate plan brochure for details. Subscriber must live & have a mailing addr. within AT&T’s owned wireless network coverage area. Up to $36 activ. fee applies. Equipment price & avail may vary by mrk & may not be available from independent retailers. Early Termination Fee: None if cancelled in the first 30 days, but up to $35 restocking fee may apply to equipment returns; Thereafter, the ETF will be up to $325 if purchasing certain specified equipment (check www.att.com/equipmentETF for list) or up to $150. Independent agents may impose additional equipment-related charges. Early Termination Fee subject to change. Some agents impose add’l fees. Offnet Usage: If your mins of data use on other carrier’s networks (“offnet usage”) during any month exceeds your offnet usage allowance, AT&T may at its option terminate your svc, deny your contd use of other carriers’ coverage, or change your plan to one imposing usage charges for offnet usage. Your data offnet usage allowance is the lesser of 24 MB or 20% of the KB incl’d with your plan). DataConnect Plan is not unlimited and substantial charges may be incurred if included allowance is exceeded. Sales tax calculated based on price of unactivated equipment. AT&T Wi-Fi – A Wi-Fi enabled device required. Other restrictions apply. See www.attwifi.com for additional services, restrictions and locations.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s fastest 3G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. A leader in mobile broadband, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse and AT&T | DIRECTV brands. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising. In 2010, AT&T again ranked among the 50 Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE magazine.